Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

ARC REVIEW-PERFECTLY FLAWED (MOMENTS #2) BY J&L WELLS

My rating: 3.25 out of 5 stars

**Please note, ARC was gifted via the authors in exchange for an honest review**

Perfectly Flawed is the second installment of the Moments series by J&L Wells. Book one landed a plot twist that I never saw coming and so I was anxious to pick things up with this installment. I would have liked to have had a bit of a recap, in the beginning, to refresh my memory. I felt a little bit lost at first but of course, it all came back to me eventually.

Unfortunately, it was a very slow start. I mean, it wasn't without 'drama' yet with all that was going on, it wasn't until Natasha's birthday that I really sat up and began to take notice. It picked up a good amount of speed and intrigue and dealt with real life situations, the sometimes ugly side of said situations, which was quite refreshing.

With that being said, there were a couple of things that brought my rating down. Chemistry. I couldn't find much chemistry between Natasha and Gabriel and so their story wasn't as 'powerful' to  me, as I'm sure it's intended to be. I struggled with some of the wording. For me, yeah, sure, it's the technical term but the word 'penis' can and almost always will kill a sex scene for me. Also, there's a line where he grabs her 'round the neck in a 'headlock' and to me, my first thought was, oh... he's getting aggressive, violent. Gabriel attempting to be comforting didn't come to mind at all which again, cooled the scene way down. Also, while still on the subject of chemistry, I noticed I found myself liking each MC better when they were in scenes with other people. Gabriel and his brother especially. I would have liked some more back story on those two.

All in all, it was good read, just not one that I found myself gushing over. I think the biggest issue for me was that I would have done, literally EVERYTHING differently than Natasha did. Everything. And I'm just that type of reader. If I can't relate, it's hard to connect. While this wasn't my favorite from this talented duo, there's DEFINITELY an audience for all the soapy drama Perfectly Flawed provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment