Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2016

REVIEW-TYRANT (SCARS OF WRAITH #2) BY NASHODA ROSE

My rating: 3.5 stars out of 5

***Please note, review copy provided via the author in exchange for an honest review.***

"You're mine because you choose to be. No other way."~Kilter

First up, let's talk covers. I'm one of those that absolutely goes against the golden rule of not judging a book by its cover. I admit it, guilty. Ms. Rose, one of my favorite authors btw, always stuns. Always and Tyrant is no exception.

I love this author, this series, this world she has created. There were certain aspects of this book that I devoured and loved every minute of it. At the same time, I felt like there was too much going on.  So many story lines are in circulation that it felt a little chaotic at times. I get that they're all intertwined but...it left the impression, for me at least, that things were a little rushed in order to bring it all together in the end.

For the most part, Tyrant is Kilter and Rayne's story. I loved their history, their journey and their connection even though, at times, their dialog felt a bit stunted, that the smooth flow that I've grown accustomed to with this author was a little off. Rayne is a strong female character and I loved the real life issues that played a part in her recovery. All of the characters are great, I only wish I had a little more time with them before bouncing to another part of the story and then back again. Let me just say this...plot twist...YES!!!!!!

Next up...Credo, featuring my personal faves, Waleron and Delara!

No comments:

Post a Comment