Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2016

ARC REVIEW-PERFECT STRANGER BY SOFIA GREY

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

***Please note,  ARC copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

This was exactly the kind of read I needed. Come at me with a Houston boy, southern drawl and all and you are GOLDEN! Brownie points right out the gate! One night stands that turn into a great big love story typically bores me to death. Simply because it has literally been done, you guessed it, to. death. Perfect Stranger however slaps the reader with a heavy dose of reality that strips away any preconceived notion of 'fluff'. It ain't all rainbows and unicorns ladies!

The first half of this book was perfect and that's not something I say lightly. Jordan, Kate, their meeting, their chemistry, everything just fit so perfectly. All the while, another side story began brewing that had my full attention as well. I found myself fully invested in each and every character and how they were all connected in some way, shape of form.

The twist, however, created a shift for me. It wasn't the twist itself, or the fact that I saw it coming a mile away. It was the character reaction to the twist that caught me off guard. Jordan didn't quite make sense and Kate all but floored me. It felt a bit out of character for both, given what I had come to learn of them up to that point. Once I got over that aspect of things, I was able to go back to drooling over Jordan. Poor, stupid, he's no idea what he's doing, Jordan. God love him. Heavy swooning occurred, not to mention some teary eyes...

The side story that I mentioned above was that of Rob, Jenny and Cade. I was extremely disappointed that the rest of their story played out off screen. When the ending came and all the storylines were wrapped up with a pretty bow on top, I felt cheated. That trio deserved their own book. Even though I know how things ended, I would still go back and read their journey. Fingers crossed!

1 comment: