Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 9, 2016

REVIEW-THE WORSE FOR WERE: IN LOVE WITH HER WEREWOLF HUSBAND OF CONVENIENCE (LEGENDARY CONSULTANTS) BY ABIGAIL OWEN

My rating: 3.75 out of 5 stars

She'd earned alpha, but, as a woman, she found she had to earn it again every day.

*Please note, review copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

First up...lets talk cover. I don't like what I tend to call 'cartoon covers'. It's a pet peeve of mine, no stars were lost, I'm just not a fan and truth be told, if I were scanning Amazon, I would passed right over it. I know, I know, you can't judge a book by...yeah well, that's just me. It is what it is.

This is a story of two alphas, Tala and Marrok (great names btw!) who are forced into a marriage of convenience. I struggled with this one early on, for a couple reasons. Paranormal romance, with two alpha shifters no less, has no room for, what felt to me, as juvenile terms. Coming across words like butt, boobs and the cringe worthy orgasmic goo is a HUGE kill joy for me. I also dislike it when a character seems to do a flip flop before I really get to know said character. On one hand, our heroine, Tala, seemed to be reluctant, standoffish even to this marriage. Sure, she found him hot but she seemed resentful to be put in the position she found herself in. Two seconds later, he provides some water and green pillows and boom! Blow job time. None of it made sense to me and so it didn't deliver any intimacy or romance.

With all of the above being said, I pressed on and I'm glad that I did. The beginning of the turn around for me was two stand out side characters, Leia and Castor. I was, however, pissed that most of their story took place off screen. They need their own book. Hopefully that's the plan for down the road. Also, while the sex scenes in this book didn't work for me, the true intimacy that developed truly delivered! I enjoyed the battle for dominance, the joint effort against the enemy and the time out taken to get to know their new mate. Those three scenes were my absolute favorite and provided the sex appeal that the act itself didn't quite provide. Will I continue with this series? Yes, the supporting cast have stories that definitely need to be told and I'm looking forward to it.

 *******
 
Meet the author
 

Award-winning author, Abigail Owen was born in Greeley, Colorado, and raised in Austin, Texas. After spending ten years in Northern California, she now resides in Austin with her husband and two adorable children who are the center of her universe.
Abigail grew up consuming books and exploring the world through her writing. A fourth generation graduate of Texas A&M University, she attempted to find a practical career related to her favorite pastime by earning a degree in English Rhetoric (Technical Writing). However, she swiftly discovered that writing without imagination is not nearly as fun as writing with it.
 
For additional information, contact Abigail Owen @ abigail.owen.books@gmail.com.
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading/reviewing! I very much appreciate both the constructive criticism and the positive feedback! Leia & Castor do have a story...Her Demigod Complex, which I hope you'll enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading/reviewing! I very much appreciate both the constructive criticism and the positive feedback! Leia & Castor do have a story...Her Demigod Complex, which I hope you'll enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete