Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 11, 2016

ARC REVIEW-POLE POSITION BY SOFIA GREY

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

*Please note, ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

First and foremost, a big thanks to author Sofia Grey for offering her newest work to me to read and review. I'll be honest, I could give two shits about race car driving or horseback riding for that matter but I LOVED this book, every single word...up until about the 40-something percent mark. It was at that point that I hit a wall and never fully recovered.

I'll try to explain. Early on, I felt a bit 'meh' towards Anita but Jon was charming, Danny was jealous and deliciously unstable. Not to mention, BEWARE of Colette and her towel! Even Jon and Anita's first date was perfection.The pace was set to be a great page turner and then Colette became too stupid to live and once Danny was put more towards the back burner, it just unraveled for me. Even with the added 'action' at around the halfway mark, it still didn't keep pace with the first half of the book. The pairing was believable enough but without the fire that Danny added to the mix, they felt a bit stale, couldn't really stand on their own. From there things became a little too convenient and MAJOR issues that were present throughout were magically fixed. Three stars because of how much I enjoyed the first half and the fact that I've enjoyed previous work by this talented author. Pole Position will definitely have an audience, unfortunately, it just didn't quite come together for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment