Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 17, 2016

ARC REVIEW-WAR-TORN BY J.E. KEEP

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

***Please note, ARC provided via the author in exchange for an honest review.***

This will be one of my worst reviews to date. I really don't know how to review this one. First, let me say, I have fully accepted the fact that yes, I DO judge a book by its cover. Right or wrong, I am guilty and I am totally obsessed with this one. Love, love, LOVE IT!

Now, back to the contents inside ;-). On one hand, I love this writing duo, they never shy away from pushing the envelope and they always seem to write in 'living color'. I enjoyed being introduced to the various characters in this steampunk fantasy but I think it was the pacing that kept me from truly enjoying this one.

I don't mind the alternating of point of views but in this case, it was a bit much. I felt like I was late night channel surfing and never staying in one place long enough to fully invest. I was so intrigued with all the different story lines (with the exception of maybe one) but it wasn't until around the 88th percent mark did the story lines really start to fuse together, to make any sense at all as far how it what all connected. What happened at that point was what I needed to start to take shape much earlier in the story. So for most of the book, I felt lost then all of a sudden it was one light bulb moment after another only to conclude with a cliff hanger. I'm both frustrated with book one yet oddly curious about what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment