Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2016

ARC REVIEW-KNIGHT'S NEMESIS BY MISTY KAYN

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

***Please note, ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review***

"I'll take that as 'Yes, Knight.'" ~Knight Borski

I went back and forth when trying to decide a rating for this one. First, let me say, when it comes to Fantasy, I'm more of an Urban Fantasy kind of girl so there are elements of this story that while may be too much for me (i.e. "peep!"), would make for great storytelling for another reader. The storytelling is very rich and descriptive although teetered on the risk of 'too much' but then pulled back so that was a plus for me.

I was a little confused at the beginning of the story. I immediately loved the snarky yet protective dynamic between sisters Clementine and Seven. For the life of me though, I couldn't figure out what they were and it wasn't until a few chapters in that I realized Clementine wasn't a child but a grown woman. Also, in the earlier chapters, I was given a clear painted picture of the world they lived in. The writing was very vivid which, imo, is a must in the fantasy genre. I only wish the plot had been a little more clear early on. Not asking for a dead giveaway mind you, I just felt a little lost for longer than I would have preferred. I had my 'ohhh' moment at around chapter 7 and my interest really peaked at chapter 14.

Lets talk Knight, the Alpha. He was my favorite of the characters. I appreciate an alpha who isn't an asshole. He held intrigue, mystery and dominance without me having to eye roll my way through a bunch of douchbagery. Thank you Ms Kayn! Knight's Nemesis packs a punch in the sensual department. I would have liked a tad bit more build up but Knight should get a medal or something. ;-) All hell broke loose near the end but I think it's the aftermath I'm most looking forward to. I want to know more about the exiled Arthur!

No comments:

Post a Comment