Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

REVIEW-OLIVER'S HUNGER (SCANGUARD VAMPIRES #7) BY TINA FOLSOM

My rating: 2 out of 5 stars

I don't have a quote from Oliver for this one. Mainly because all he did was whine. I get enough of that from my girls. I don't need it from my grown ass vampires too. I don't know what happened here. I'm a HUGE fan of this series and this author but this particular installment fell short at every turn. I get the whole sibling rivalry thing but the whiny " I know you are but what am I " bullshit bickering between Oliver and Blake grated on my last nerve. At some points, I could actually see both boys stomping their feet and sticking their bottom lip out. Not. Attractive.

Another big problem for me was, well the entire storyline. Kinda screws me out of any hope of enjoyment huh? This girl had been through hell and back. She had been tormented, isolated and hadn't seen not one friend or family member in 3 years and yet poof! He's so hot, she's so hot, we make love, I can fix you. Ugh blah. NEXT!

That's not to say that I'm giving up on this series. I do love the other characters and have enjoyed their books prior to this one and to be honest, their appearances in this installment are what generated the 2 stars. Had they not popped up, I may not have even finished this one. I have really high expectations for the next one but I think I'll take a little break here and give it a go some time early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment