Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2015

REVIEW-A TALE OF TWO DJINNS BY MINA KHAN

My review: 4 out of 5 stars

***Please note, this book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.***

"Isn't this a bit too Disney?"~Maya


Earth djinn Akshay, aka 'Shay' has the weight of his world and his people on his shoulders and in claiming the throne, there are great sacrifices. He needs an escape from his own skin, even if only for a moment. He finds himself, along with his brothers in arms at a familiar Texas watering hole named Lonesome Cowboy and from that point on, all hell broke loose and by hell, I mean a water djinn beauty by the name of Maya.

A Tale of Two Djinns is the second book I've read by author Mina Khan and she is steadily making her way to my 'go to' list of authors and series for when I'm in a reading rut. The Texas tone that she has laced within is a definite PLUS for me, for obvious reasons. ;-)  This story packs a good punch, even though it's much shorter in length than I prefer. I do enjoy a novella from time to time but I'm greedy and always have 'MORE' on the brain.

I enjoyed all of the supporting characters and can't wait to learn more about the brother, who seems to be the epitome of 'grey character', which is my favorite kind! The leads have great chemistry and I really enjoyed the slight role reversal here. Not to say that Shay was any kind of damsel in distress but Maya, well...she's got a couple would be 'dude' qualities about her that made for some laugh out loud moments!

I will say, the prologue did seem a bit slow for me but once I hit chapter one, the pace picked up and I was able to simply enjoy the story itself. I'm very much looking forward to more from this author and this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment