Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 4, 2015

REVIEW-BATTLE CRY (LOKI'S WOLVES #2) BY MELISSA SNARK

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

***please note, this book was gifted via the author in exchange for an honest review***

"Take it easy there, Snowball. I don't want to hurt your Barbie-haired boy toy. I only want to talk--"
~Loki

Mmmhmmm....sure he does...;-P

Battle Cry is the second installment of the Loki's Wolves series by author Melissa Snark. Pack leader, Victoria, aka Victory, Storm has suffered a lot of loss in her time and while she struggles to deal, she also has the future of her pack to fight for, not to mention, the child she is now carrying. Her pack has lost so much and with their count having dwindled down so significantly, their future is bleak. Bad blood runs deep between her and the head of the hunters, and to make matters worse, a prediction of the unthinkable paired with a vampire threat, Victoria's world is turned upside down.

I really enjoy this authors writing style. The healthy dose of mythology, paired with paranormal, toss in some shits and giggles and it makes for a fun, energetic read. Battle Cry has some highly emotional scenes as well as graphic violence and while there is humor here and there, it fit nicely. Very nicely. Ms. Snark isn't afraid to kill off a character and I have a love/hate reaction to that. LOL! One character in particular caught my attention IMMEDIATELY and I had my typical oh Imma figure this out right here and now moments and thought OH! Character A is gonna....two pages later, dead. I cursed, I laughed, I pushed forward.

Victoria herself is just a little 'meh' for me. There are other female pack members that I'm curious about and hope to hear more from as this series progresses. In this installment, it was the men who shined. On a side note, I miss Logan...Anywho, Sawyer? Awww. Even dear ol', bat shit crazy, I'm scared of his ass Jake will charm you and Loki...LOVED me some Loki. Such a smart ass. ;-)

So why not a higher rating? Romance. Or that lack there of I should say. And maybe that's not exactly fair, ratings wise but damn it! I wanted more. Don't get me wrong, there's chemistry, as well as tension but this was action over romance and I just always prefer a little more balance in what I read. With that being said, I will absolutely continue with this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment