Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 27, 2014

ARC REVIEW-SOUL ENSLAVED (SONS OF WRATH #3) BY KERI LAKE

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

"Though I was born a bastard, I try to be a reverent one."~Gavin

***Please note, I was gifted this book via the author in exchange for an honest review***

Aaaaand we're back on track! This. This is why I love this author, why I love this series, why I LOVE these brothers and the world around them. Soul Enslaved is book three in the Sons of Wrath series by author Keri Lake. This is Gavin's book and as the eldest of the brothers, the cool headed one, Soul Enslaved took him on one hell of a ride. He's damned if he does and damned (literally) if he doesn't. The striking demon has sentence after sentence after sentence looming over his head and how they all come together makes for a fantastic, highly emotional story.

I'll admit it, for the life of me, I can't quite decide who my favorite Wrath brother is. Just when I think I know, another brother will do something three shades of swoon worthy and then I drift. In this case, it was Ferno but more on him in a bit. Gavin, you gotta love Gavin. He's been my front runner since I first began this series and because I'm so protective of my favorite male leads, no woman would ever, EVER deserve him. Ever. While I still believe that to be true, I'll bend just enough to say...this pairing is one of my absolute faves of ALL TIME!!!

The chemistry between Gavin and Sabelle is so effortless and easy. It has an organic, playful, yet fiery feel to it that allows the reader to just sit back and enjoy. Ms. Lake didn't tell me, she showed me and for me, that's what sells me on a pairing. There are quite a few stand out scenes for me beginning with the first time he watched her paint, then the art show, then when she showed up at his office...LOL!!! Side note, Ferno and little Janie...sigh...yeah I need his story like YESTERDAY.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't all hearts and rainbows, Soul Enslaved touches on a topic that may prove difficult for some readers. It is highly emotional but I felt it was needed somehow, if not for the story at hand but for what is yet to come...

Why not 5 stars? I'm weird about the little things. The ethnic slang that hit me early on was a little much. I was glad to see it all but disappear as the story progressed. The term "raked her tongue against the back of her teeth" was repeated a bit much for my taste as well. I didn't all out LOVE the last installment of this series and a big reason for that was the onslaught of characters and terminology that I had to remember. I'm always a bit turned off by any book that starts me off with a glossary. Soul Enslaved turned it down a notch and allowed me to just enjoy and enjoy I did. Bring on the next brother!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment