Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

ARC REVIEW--CRAVING (TALISMAN #2) BY SOFIA GREY

My review: 4 out of 5 stars

***Please note, a copy of this book was gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review***

"You are an asshole, but a misguided one." ~Eve

A big thanks to author Sofia Grey for giving me the opportunity to read and review the second installment of her Talisman series, Craving. I also had the privilege to read book one but I have to say, I liked this one better, love it actually!

As noted above, Dante is kind of an asshole. He's grumpy, has the a chip on his shoulder and tends the shun the rich kids mainly before they can shun him first. He has no real place to call home so he crashes wherever he can, including cold empty buildings. He holds séance, makes contact with spirits to make his money and what little he makes isn't his to keep. Dante made a deal with the devil...

What's so great about Craving is that it's a group effort. I have a habit of reading books, picking out one, two characters tops and to hell with the rest. In Craving, I not only liked the two leads but the supporting cast as well. In fact, my stand out is a little Goth-girl named Eve. Hands down, FAVORITE CHARACTER. She's charming, witty and is a quirky voice of reason. Not to mention she can appreciate a hot guy when she sees one. ;-)

Bumpy pacing is enough to make my eye twitch but this story flowed very nicely with a great mix of intrigue, romance, paranormal deliciousness and wait. WTF JUST HAPPENED? I loved the twists and turns and while there is no throw your kindle against the wall type of cliffhanger, it does set up NICELY for book 3. Ms. Grey can't write fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment