Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 28, 2014

REVIEW-PROPHECY'S POWER (PROPHECY #3) BY BRENDA DYER

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"I programmed my cell number in your phone. It's under A for Asshole."

~Soren

Hells bells. I'm gonna have to do a U-turn and read books 1&2 asap! A huge thanks to the pac romance group (Goodreads) and author Brenda Dyer for allowing to participate in the Read-2-Review.

I do love me some vamps and this world they lived in was fast paced and action filled. These warriors fight for a greater good and for Soren, second in command, a matter of "wrong place at the wrong time" turned his mission upside down.

Natalie is a drywaller, she stays to herself with no real family or friends. I must say, I loathe her name. It just isn't badass enough I guess. I would have preferred she be called "Nat" throughout the story and with as much as she worked poor Soren's nerves, it would have been fitting.

This was a great pairing and I loved their back and forths and the fact that she never, NEVER backed down. Does that mean she didn't make some boneheaded choices? nope. But even her mistakes were made on her own terms.

Why not 5 stars? Some of the terms used felt a little outdated and\or cheesy that took away from the story at times. The repetitive "familiar but unfamiliar" caused a hiccup for me a time or two. I felt like the middle of the story began to drag on just a little longer than necessary as well. Even so, I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment