Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 8, 2014

REVIEW-CATCHING RED (UNDEAD FAIRY TALES #2)BY TARA QUAN

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

"I'll keep you safe. I'll keep you warm. I'll chase the monsters from your dreams."

~Marcus

***PLEASE NOTE,BOOK WAS GIFTED BY THE AUTHOR VIA PAC ROMANCE GROUP***

Catching Red by Tara Quan puts clever twist on an old classic. I liked Scarlet almost immediately. I found the first chapter to be a bit overwhelming. I realize that authors need to set up the world in which they've created but it was a bit of an information overload for me.

Once I settled into the story, I really enjoyed it. Scarlet is a strong, fierce and feisty heroine but maintained her femininity. Her interaction with Marcus was steamy, romantic and engaging. I loved how she wouldn't back down from him regardless of the fact that he dwarfed her in size.

The world around these two characters is a divided one. This post apocalyptic tale is right up my alley and I'm curious about the other members of the elite team Marcus works with.

Why just 3 stars? While 3 isn't bad, by any means, I feel this story had the potential for more. I loved how Grandma dearest is bat shit crazy. There's a virus, cults and kidnapping...OH MY! What pulled the rating down for me was the sex scenes. Marcus is just...delish. The first couple of encounters were spot on, I LOVED it! Obviously, regardless of experience, one gets more comfortable with a partner as they get closer and they begin to be a bit more open. I get that, I do. Unfortunately, for me at least, it felt like I blinked and she went from virginal wallflower to kinky sex kitten with some out of place spanking to boot. I do, however, look forward to more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment