Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 10, 2013

REVIEW-IMMORTAL DREAMS (IMMORTAL DREAMS #1) BY JENNIFER SAGE

My rating: 3.75 out of 5 stars

***Please note book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review***


If you're wondering where my favorite quote is, I can't give you one. Immortal Dreams  is a tale of a love triangle, that simply isn't. Our heroine, Isabel, finds herself being pursued by two powerful warriors of whom say, and do,  all the right things. The thing is, only one truly wants and loves her for pure reasons. What's great  about this book is it isn't blatantly obvious who she can truly trust but the fact that one is out to deceive her is noted to the reader almost right out the gate. I dug that. I can't give it away with a quote now can I? ;-)

First up, let's talk cover. While it had zero influence on my review, I will say that I don't particularly care for it.  I don't feel a connection between it and the book itself, nor is it eye catching (in a positive way) and almost takes away instead of adding to...

Now to what really matters, the story itself. I really like this author, her worlds, her pacing and flow work for me.  She can write a male lead that will keep you swooning til the very last page. Even when it was truly revealed who the traitor was, I still swooned! Now THAT is talent. lol I struggled to connect with Isabel though. I struggle, at times, with virginal 20 something characters. It's hard for me to stay invested when a simple term or two can take them from adulthood to sounding like a 14 year old. Isabel's choice, the journey itself isn't just a "coming of age" of sorts. If she chooses the wrong man, all hell will break loose (literally) and while she has a support system, a powerful best friend, Isabel must find her own way.

Amele, the best friend mentioned above, quickly stole the spotlight and I cannot wait to read more about her story and we share a love for water it seems....

Great series, great characters, all nestled within an enchanting world that you'll gladly get lost in.

No comments:

Post a Comment