Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 19, 2013

ARC REVIEW-SOUL RESURRECTED (SONS OF WRATH #2) BY KERI LAKE

My rating: 3.75 out of 5 stars


"Don't leave. Please don't leave. You could kill me right here, right now. Death by your hands, Calla. Your touch I wouldn't fight it. Just, please, don't leave."

~Logan

***Please note, book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review***

Soul Resurrected is the second installment of the Sons of Wrath series by Keri Lake and picks up right where book 1, Soul Avenged, left off. If you have yet to get a taste of this series, I suggest you get on that, like...yesterday. You can read my 5 star review HERE.

Logan, my dear sweet, stubborn, brooding, kind of an ass, Logan...

 
 
and you will too. I really enjoyed the growth of this character. I can tolerate the mega alpha male who's a bitter ass and makes the girls cry as long as I get a glimpse of his heart and soul that explains some things but doesn't just give him an "out". Logan is significantly damaged, he truly is but thankfully, our heroine, Calla, isn't a weak woman, nor does she take his shit simply because he's "hot". We need more of that, especially in this genre.
 
As mentioned above, I gave the first book 5 stars so you may be wondering, what went wrong? Well, nothing went "wrong". Soul Resurrected is very fast paced, action packed and will have your inner fan-girl hyperventilating. Logan, sold. Calla, sold. Anna, the resident gossip, sold. I tend to enjoy a great, even mix of urban fantasy and paranormal romance. In this case, it's heavier on the urban fantasy and while not necessarily a bad thing, it can interrupt the flow for me.This is just based on my own personal reading preferences mind you therefore it didn't weigh in on my rating.
 
Once the romantic aspect of the book started to reveal itself, I couldn't read fast enough. Logan, just...yeah. I only wish it hadn't taken so long to get there. Come to think of it, that may not be completely accurate either. Maybe it just seemed that way because I felt a bit, for the lack of a better term, overwhelmed with the first few chapters. It was a lot of information, characters, twists and turns coming at me all at once. I struggled to get a full handle on everything that was happening. Once I felt "settled", it was a fantastic ride. Ms. Lake has a quick wit and there is an underlining bitchy, snarky tone to her writing that I'm most drawn too. Logan came to life, his strengths, weaknesses and flaws, nothing was spared or sugar coated. Another fascinating aspect of this series is that the there are multiple relationships that pull you in, not just the highlighted romantic one, the bonds between the brothers especially. 
 
I'm not sure which brother is next but I'll gladly take any one of them! Zeke, my poor Zeke. Gavin, what have you done?! I could go on and on... I only hope Ms. Lake writes quickly!


1 comment:

  1. oh ugh I can't wait to get my hands on this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete