Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 3, 2013

ARC REVIEW-THE ALPHA'S MATE BY MICHELLE FOX

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

***Please note, book was gifted to me by the author in exchange for an honest review***

The Alpha's Mate by Michelle Fox is told from Chloe, our heroine's point of view. I often struggle with first person because of the I this and I that's. This particular book handled it a bit better than some I've read in the past but at the same time, it stunted my investment in the story and the characters, mainly Jackson, the alpha himself.

Jackson came off as very mechanical to me and I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I, the reader, never got a chance to step inside his head. He was horny. That's about all I got from him making for a very slow start. It wasn't until about half way through that the storyline picked up and his character showcased some actual personality. There is a kitchen scene between the two that added some much needed romance. The banter was light yet intimate and playful. I only wish there had been a bit more of that. I needed to be sold on the pairing and I never quite got there.

I liked the plot of the book, the mystery of the who and why, and how it all came together. There were a couple of clever plot points that helped balance out the obvious ones and some interesting supporting characters. Chloe isn't a weak heroine, and while I didn't quite connect with her either, she kicked ass when she needed to.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the review!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! Thank u for stopping by and thank u for sharing ur work with me.

    ReplyDelete