Total Pageviews

Friday, June 7, 2013

REVIEW-HUNGER MOON (NORSE WEREWOLVES URBAN FANTASY #2) BY MELISSA SNARK

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

**Please note, this book was gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review**

"Some things are meant to be."

~Arik

Hunger Moon is book 2 in the Norse Werewolves series, a series I'm quickly becoming obsessed with. I've recently come to realize that I'm an instant gratification kind of reader (and writer apparently but that's a whole 'nother blog post.*wink*) and Ms. Snark is my kind of author. I noted in the review of book 1, The Child Thief, that she doesn't go on and on with pointless ramblings that to me, is just to pad word count. Her on point method continues with this newest installment.

Things continue to look bleak for Victoria and her pack but they may find the safety they seek but of course it won't come easy. The problem begins with Victoria. Above all else, she wants to provide for and protect what is left of her pack. If that means seeking out an alpha male, of whom she's never even met, to be her mate and possible challenge her for her for alpha, then she'll do it. Maybe not with bells on, but she'll do it.

Arik Koenig comes with his own set of baggage. For one, he's a lawyer...strike one. His wife was murdered and her spirit comes a knockin'...strike two. Last but not least, her would be stepson Logan is not only hot, cocky and the epitome of arrogant, he's also said to be his own mothers killer...strike three. Victoria briefly escapes the drama surrounding the hunters only to stumble into a more that in many ways, is much more complicated and deadly.

Hunger Moon kept great pace and had my emotions up, down and back again. There were shocking twists and turns that rounded out the story quite nicely. Ms. Snark keeps killing characters! My mouth dropped open more than once and even now, I'm curious as to where this goes. When you think you know, guess what, you don't! New characters are introduced and this world takes on more shape. On a side note, this is a shifter series and I love shifter books. That being said, there was one scene that was a little to authentic for me, when it came to feeding. Literally threw up in my mouth a little bit (ironic)...and that's all I have to say about that.

 The romantic (and steam factor...HOT!!!) aspect of this series was kicked up a notch and I bounced back and forth numerous times before I picked my guy. When you find yourself asking, "Wait, is he the one I'm supposed to like best, or that one? Wait, no that's the right one...right?!" for me, that's a good thing. Arik is dark and and powerful, alpha male from the ground up. He's a delicious male lead. In many ways, his son Logan couldn't be more opposite of his dad but at the same time, for me at least, he remains the stand out character overall, not just in regards to male lead. He's fascinating and quite the enigma and that smart ass mouth of his is just gravy. ;-)

Bring on book 3!

2 comments:

  1. I have to add this one to my list...thanks for the great review! I love that there are a couple of sexy hero choices too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I had the same reaction to the men... I was back and forth, thought I knew, then I didn't, then I did, then I didn't, then I wondered if I was even close at all... then that thing happened (can't say 'cause of spoilers) where I was like, Wow, guess it's not him, then.

    She did a great job on the relationship stuff with the guys!

    ReplyDelete