Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 20, 2013

REVIEW-BABY, YOU'RE AS SWEET AS 3.14159265

My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

"Never hold a grudge. Hold a hammer. It's a lot more intimidating."

Here! Here! I have to say, I was surprised when this author/stand up comedian contacted me about reviewing his book. I'm always thrilled and honored to hear from authors, offering me their "baby" but when I took a closer look, I was completely confused. His reasoning? It's good to step out of your norm for a good laugh. He was right. It was the perfect time for me to pick up something a little lighter that made me laugh.

I have to say, I don't love the cover or the title even. I think some would skip over it instead of giving it a chance. The author himself is actually rather good looking, USE IT MAN! I got a cocky, yet quirky charm type of vibe as I read along. I love the idea of him on the cover showcasing a little of that. But...that's just me.

The book itself is funny and in many ways alarmingly insightful. I would read a passage, laugh and then midway, choke on that laugh, "Wait...he does have a point. Hmm..." He provides his testosterone driven input on dating, sex and understanding men vs women. The problem for me is, I don't see it as a sit down, cover to cover type of read. This is the perfect "coffee table" book or to have on your kindle when you're having just one of those days. Or even better, when you come home, alone, from a date that failed. again. "Hog Wild will definitely give you something to laugh about...oh and never will you be able to look at these the same way again. Ever.Hahaha!


For more, visit Hog Wild's youtube channel. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Does sound like a great coffee table book for sure! I went and watched some of those videos on YouTube :D Hilarious! I'm curious about the skittles LOL Thank you so much for sharing! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete