Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

IN'S AND OUTS, WHAT'S NEW AND HELP WANTED!

Hello loves! I hope each and every one of you are enjoying your Summer. I for one am living like bacon but as a Texan, what can ya' do? lol I just want to take this time to update on some things. The past couple of months have been really busy for me. My girls are out for Summer break so between kid camps and Ortho appointments, you can imagine what my days have looked like. On top of that, I got a couple of licenses to allow me to work on my interests outside of cyberspace.

Did I mention that I'm working on a new project that I hope to share with you in the coming months? I have decided to try my hand and pen my own novella. I'm already FREAKING OUT but, good or bad, it's something I feel I need to get out of my system. More details to come (hopefully!). On that note, I need some help here at PRUFreads. I love my little blog and want to keep it up and running while I pursue other things as well. If you would like to do a guest review, a guest post or even come on board as a regular reviewer, PLEASE do not hesitate to contact me at prufreads@gmail.com.

Can I talk about authors for just a second? I  know that in the past few months, some not so flattering discussion has taken place in regards to authors behavior. I have been incredibly lucky to have had such amazing experiences with the authors I've encountered since starting this blog. A huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you. Most recently, a writing duo provided me with their book in exchange for an honest review. I chose 2 stars out of 5 for various reasons. You can read the review here. When I received an email from the authors, I'll be honest, I was hesitant to open it. Instead of jumping down my throat, they reached out and wanted to know more. As true professionals, they took my words and made changes. Scenes have been tweaked and even new scenes have been added. How awesome is that? Lesson learned, honesty is always best, be it for the reader, blogger and author(s) alike.

MMM GIVEAWAYS-yes, I know I've been slacking HARD on this but smile!! As soon as I'm done with this post, I will be going through my recent reviews and decide which book to giveaway so please stay tuned! Also, please note that a Bloglovin' button has been added to the sidebar on the right hand side.

2 comments:

  1. Texxie, I'm so excited for your novella! Yay!! I'm smiling right now. I haven't heard about any recent bad author behavior, but I think I'm just as spacey online as I am in real life. I missed all that stuff. Let me know if I can do anything to help when you're novella is ready (even though I'm a total newbie author and blogger).

    Oh, I made sure I'm following via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn, hope all is well! Yes I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. Putting it out there will help me hold myself accountable. If I tell people I HAVE to finish it right?! haha Any and all advise would be grestly appreciated.

    Authors behaving badly...if it is'nt bad mouthing their entire fanbase because they loved the authors smut yet not her "masterpiece", then it's ripping off other authors work. literally. word. for. word. o_O

    ReplyDelete