Total Pageviews

Friday, April 19, 2013

REVIEW-THE DARKEST WHISPER (LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD #4) BY GENA SHOWALTER




My rating: 3 out of 5 stars

"By gods, I'll mark you every day if I have to. You will only ever think of me."
 
~Sabin aka Doubt

The Darkest Whisper is book 4 in the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter and unfortunately, my least favorite thus far. It wasn't a 'bad' book, far from it. That being said, I didn't feel that it was quite up to par with the previous 3 books.

Sabin, who hosts the demon of Doubt will do anything and everything to win this war against the hunters and to ensure the safety of those he considers his brothers, his family. And it's that dedication that prevents from freeing the lovely redhead he rescued from the Hunters stronghold...or so he says. The mysterious woman is one question mark after another for Sabin and one discovery in particular will shake him to his core.

This book had all the makings for a great read but, for me, it didn't quite come together. It started a bit slow, I didn't really gain much interest until chapter 11. I really like Sabin's character and Gwen had her moments. I liked the introduction of her sisters, kick ass females who didn't come off as cartoon-ish as Anya. The romance in this installment fell short as well. That's not to say there weren't any steamy romantic scenes, there's one where Sabin helps her breathe...wow. Overall, however, I wanted the 'pull' showcased a bit more.

A couple of standout scenes fore me, the confrontation between William (LOVE HIM) and Sabin, Gideon's heartbreak over a feared 'loss' and a turning point for Amun. I will absolutely continue with this series, I only hope it gets back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment