Total Pageviews

Monday, February 18, 2013

REVIEW-BLOOD KNOT (BLOOD STONE SERIES #1) BY TRACY COOPER-POSEY

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"Besides, that's cliched and predictable. If I were going to attempt something so ham-fisted I would have pulled you into my chair twenty minutes ago, brought you to your first climax ten minutes ago and had you begging for release again five minutes after that. All without removing a stitch of my own clothing."

~Nial


Yup...like that. Blood Knot is the first of the Blood Stone series and the first I've read from author Tracy Cooper-Posey. Trust me when I say, it won't be the last. Smut; there's a lot out there. I can't tell you how many books I've picked up only to discover that sex is literally the only thing carrying the story. There is no depth, no character building, barely a plot to speak of. Blood Knot was NOT such a book.

Winter is a top notch thief with a special gift. Having the ability to manipulate a persons biology by a simple touch comes in handy in her line of work. Not only can she use her gift against any obstacles she encounters by putting them to sleep and wiping their minds, she can also repair and heal those who have been wounded. When her 'partner in crime' of the past three years, Sebastian, is gravely injured while saving her life, she doesn't think twice to jump right in and heal him. Thing is, she heals him a little too well and strips him of his Vampirism. Oopsie. Guess they didn't know one another as well as they thought. By healing him, she inadvertently linked the two of them in a way neither is happy about and it results in Sebastian disappearing, and asking that she not try to contact him.

Enter Nathanial, aka Nial, who is Sebastian's ex-lover. Things didn't end well with Nial and Sebastian but that doesn't stop Nial from seeking him out when Nial needs a job done, a job only Sebastian and Winter are able to complete. Said job is of great importance and is critical to the entire Vampire race. Nial wasn't prepared for the pull he would feel towards the feisty redhead when his search for Sebastian leads him to Winter's door, and so their journey begins...



Hells bells and then some. Blood Knot is an exceptionally hot read and not your typical 'love triangle'. There's sex and lots and lots and LOTS of it, but at the same time, the storyline is fascinating and the love laced throughout breaks all molds. Typically, when it comes to love triangles, I tend to lean towards one man or the other but not this time. As the story unfolded, I drifted back and forth between the two men and who I adored the most and then it dawned on me, the author allowed me to not have to choose and so I didn't. I fell for both leads and where there's ones weakness, comes the others strength.

Blood Knot gives the reader a kick ass heroine, two exceptionally hot alpha male leads, action, love, betrayal and WHITE HOT steam scenes that will leave you breathless. I look forward to reading much more from this author.

For more, visit tracycooperposey.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Texxie:

    Thank you for your unexpected and most welcome kind words about BLOOD KNOT. I'm so pleased you enjoyed it!

    Thanks for letting me know about this review. I'll be sure to let my other readers know about your review site. I have one or two paranormal romance fans. ;)

    Cheers,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo....this one will definitely be making its way to the top of my TBR ;)

    ReplyDelete