Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

REVIEW-LUCAS (VAMPIRES IN AMERICA #6) BY D.B. REYNOLDS



My rating: 4 out of 5 stars


"I can handle it. Although I will expect some expressions of sympathy and admiration once this is all over with. Maybe you can stroke my forehead and say things like, 'Poor baby. You were so strong.' That sort of thing."

~Lucas


What can I say? Lucas is another great addition to the Vampires In America series. These particular vamps are a cocky bunch in general. That being said, I think Lucas may stand above and beyond by having a tongue as sharp as his fangs. He's a quick witted smartass with a lazy smile, Irish charm, not to mention as lethal as they come. Lucas is the epitome of 'Alpha Male', he is his Sire's creation afterall...

Kathryn Hunter is a no nonsense FBI agent who leads a very straight and narrow life. Her job is the most importatnt thing in her life, right behind younger brother Daniel that is. Daniel is a famous photographer who is known for going off on his own in questionable terrain to get 'the shot'.  When Daniel seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, Kathryn finds herself in The Badlands of South Dakota and in need of a certain Vampire Lord's help.

Lucas is a fast paced read full of action, romance and a healthy dose of just plain ol' smut! Is it weird that I was thrilled by how violent it was as well? Hmm...a thought for another time. Anywho, it's more than just bells and whistles. Lucas has a backstory that will break your heart and tie in nicely to the his present situation. The reader will be given insight as to why he is the way that he is, and love him even more for it. Lucas is one of those hard alpha males with a gooey center. His heart is so pure, but cross him, and he'll rip yours out and show it to you as you die!  He is fiercely protective, impulsive yet every move or non move, is calculated precisely. He is to be feared as much as he is to be adored. I'm gushing, yes...I know.


The storyline is fantastic. The 'who done it?' suprised me and the ending? Well, lets just say I hope book #7 comes along QUICKLY. Lucas also has a fantastic supporting cast that I hope to get to know a bit more later on in the series. I really liked Nicholas and Kurt specifically. I'm not sure how many books total Ms. Reynolds has in mind but with each installment, she introduces more and more characters, building on her 'world', leaving me wanting more!


 Now that I've made my way through this series and have enjoyed every minute of it, can I talk covers for a moment? Just...no. This is a fantastic series that I think most PNR/UF fans would devour, if they can get past the covers. Vampires In America is proof that you can't judge a book by its cover, but I will admit that I too am guilty of passing on a book because the cover is just an upfront turn off. I hope no one passes up on this fantastic series because of some unfortunate cover choices.

2 comments:

  1. eek! I can't wait to get to this one....I started Sophia the other night!

    ReplyDelete