Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

REVIEW-RAPHAEL (VAMPIRES IN AMERICA #1) BY D.B. REYNOLDS

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

"I could throw you down and have you right here, sweet Cyn, and you'd do nothing but scream for more. You are mine. My blood sings in your veins; it calls you to me even now."

~Raphael


Raphael is the first installment in the Vampires in America series by D.B. Reynolds. I really enjoyed the beginning of what is sure to be a fantastic series. Cynthia, aka "Cyn" is the ultimate female lead. She is kick ass, no nonsense and fiercely independent while at the same time, she is all woman whose heart you do not want to see broken. Former LAPD, Cyn now works on her own as a PI mostly catching cheating spouses and digging up old bank accounts. She longs for more, and when she accepts the job offer presented by a Vampire Lord, she is definately in store for more...much more.

Standing atleast 6'3" with short dark hair and even darker eyes, Raphael is a strong, lethal Vampire Lord with just one weakness, someone he loves, someone he won't fail again. That is until he hires a striking Private Investigator to help him hunt down those who dare take from him. Raphael didn't expect this stunning woman, a human no less, to stir feels and emotions in him that he's long deemed dormant.

The pull between Raphael and Cyn was especially enjoyable to read. I liked that while pretty much "immediate", she didn't simply fall into his arms and they lived happily ever after. She drove him to distraction, challenged him, confused him and excited him all at the same time. Cyn "fell" almost immediately but she didn't just loose herself in him, everything else be damned.  The reason I only gave Raphael 3.5 stars is because it took awhile for me to get into it. Quite the slow start and it wasn't until I hit roughly the halfway mark that I really started to take note and get more invested. I will continue onto book 2 because I like the world Ms. Reynolds has created. I only hope that it doesn't take me quite as long to connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment