Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2012

REVIEW-SILVER LAKE BY KATHRYN KNIGHT


My rating : 3.5 out of 5 stars

Rain Anderson has alot going on in her life. One would think divorce from her highschool sweetheart would play the heaviest on her mind but it's dreams of her missing friend that keep her up at night...and chilled by day.

Silver Lake is a haunting tale of 4 friends, who since lost touch after highschool, coming together to try to solve a mystery. It was 5 years ago that Brandy went missing and the group of friends were never the same thereafter. Nor was Brandy ever found alive, or otherwise. Brandy's mother is gravely ill so Rain and friends Jason, Allie and A.J. all agree to meet at A.J.'s former family lake house in one last attempt to solve this mystery so that her mother may die in peace and these distant friends can begin to truly heal.

I will admit that Silver Lake isn't quite my norm. I was intrigued by the blurb and took the opportunity to enter Ms. Knight's giveaway and lucky me, I won! When I began reading, I noted to a friend that while "romance" somewhat takes a backseat, I enjoyed the flow of the book and the characters she brought to life. I'm one of those people though, that yell at the movie screen "Don't open that door!" or "OMG, you know if you pick up the phone, the dead girl will be on the other end!" When random puddles of water started appearing here and there and characters kept it hush hush...ok, yeah, I yelled at my Kindle a couple of times.

I figured out the where rather quickly, the who however, had me going back and forth. I enjoyed the interaction between the 4 main characters. There is a lot of healing and self realization in this book, along with romance that's being given a second chance. I feel the ending was a bit rushed but overall I like this authors style and word building. I would like to read more from her in the future.
 

 
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment