Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

REVIEW-ON DUBLIN STREET BY SAMANTHA YOUNG

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

"But I think mostly it's your eyes. I want something from them no one else gets from them."

~Braden Carmichael

I kept seeing this book popping up in Goodreads updates feed. Always great reviews, lots of gushing and aww'ing. On Dublin Street isn't "paranormal" but I'm so glad I read it. Yay me for branching out.

The book begins with a glimpse into our heroine's past. At just 14 years old, she suffered a tragic loss that would reshape both her present and future.

Jocelyn Butler hoped that by leaving the States, she would also leave her past behind and start new in Scotland. Even though she is an aspiring writer, Jocelyn is extremely cut off from her emotions and ability to connect with people. She doesn't need others, she does perfectly fine inside her little bubble, or so she thinks.

A chance cab ride and a quirky blonde looking for a gal pal roommate changes Jocelyn's life forever, even if it takes her a bit to see it for all and what it is. "The Suit", aka Braden Carmichael, with his dark disheveled hair, pale blue eyes and cleft chin is hard to ignore. Did I mention his sharp jawline, wide cheekbones and Roman nose? How about his strong Scottish accent, strong "t's" and all...and then there's my favorite, his imperfect teeth. He's everything you love in a possessive "alpha male", as well as that subtle tinge of vulnerability and sensitivity, making him the perfect male lead.

I really enjoyed the flow and character development of this book.  The chemistry, emotion and banter between "Joss" and Braden made for an entertaining read and I found myself emotionally invested in not only what happened to Joss and Braden but also the supporting cast. I look forward to the recently announced sequel to On Dublin Street and plan to read more from this offer in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment