Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 11, 2012

REVIEW-NOBODY'S PERFECT (RESCUE ME #4) BY KALLYPSO MASTERS

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"The hair on your legs is tickling the sides of my boobs."

~Savi

O.O

Gonna pause briefly to give you a moment to sort that out in your head, have your lightbulb moment, double check said conclusion, blush, peel your eyebrows from your hairline, and refocus on your screen..
 

Hi, welcome back. *wink*

Mild spoilers...

Nobody's Perfect is the 4th installment in Ms. Master's Rescue Me series. Before reading page 1, I knew this would be an emotional rollercoaster. The build up is three books deep, and for me, this pairing is the one of the most sensitive nature. This book had me crying at times, laughing and gushing at others. My stomach rolled, I got angry and maybe, just maybe...purred a time...or two. This book is not for the faint at heart.

We, the readers, know of Savannah's tragic backstory but here, we get even more details of just how tragic and disturbing it truly is. Both Savannah and Damian are haunted and damaged but at the same time, have a level of internal strength that many wouldnt be able to find within themselves. They are the unlikely Prince and Princess in little Mari's eyes.

There is simply too much going on in this book for me to "review" without spoiling too much. I truly enjoyed all the relationship building. While this is Damian and Savannah's book, the book adds an even stronger sense of "family". While I loved Damian and Savannah's story, it was the father/son dynamic between Adam and Damian that really stood out for me. *bear hug* I have to work in my Adam love somehow, surely you know this. :-)

Back to Damian and Savannah or D/s *wink*. Granted, the heat level in this book is off the charts. At the same time, there is so much healing and self realization intertwined, making for such an emotional read. Both have hard limits, and while Damian is determined to help heal Savannah, he pushes his own limits while doing so. There is a scene, a breakthrough for both that brought tears to my eyes and broke my heart. Subspace via breath control exchange...well damn.

With all the gushing, you may be wondering why I didnt give the full 5 stars. This book had me, totally and completely. That is, until  I got towards the end. I will say, I've never been a fan of naming  male or female genitalia. I find it a bit weird and just creepy. The term cabron seemed to pop up repeatedly, to the point where it was just too much.

Not sure how to say this without spoiling too much but...lets just say, I'm aware of many types of "jobs" a woman can perform with her various parts of her body. That being said, regardless of what "part" she uses, it's usually used on just one "part" of the man. Not the case here and while I can appreciate stepping outside of the box, sorry but just...no. Also, I'm leary of butterflies now. You'll see.

Even though I have some issues with events towards the end of the book, I still really enjoyed it overall and Luke, my baby Dom Texan, well his book can't come fast enough! I hope that he too is fond of the term "little one". <3

No comments:

Post a Comment