Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

REVIEW-THE MIGHTY STORM BY SAMANTHA TOWLE

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

"And I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis"
~Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Wow. I... hmm, I'm not quite sure where to start with this one. I love to read books that take me on an emotional rollercoaster. The Mighty Storm accomplished that, and then some. Just a couple of things upfront, there are editing issues. Not to the point where I was pulling my hair out but more precise editing is needed. Also, there is a good chance I may ramble my way through this one. I dont know how I'm going to keep up with everything that's going on in my head. I was able to relate to this book on basically every single level possible...and that's all I have to say about that. *wink*

14 year old Tru Bennett resides in England with two loving parents with her best friend and  (unknowingly) first love Jake Wethers living right next door. That is until Jake moves to the States, ultimately breaking the bond the two once shared. Twelve years later Tru is all grown up, has a great roommate and an amazing boyfriend of two years and works for a magazine doing what she loves in music journalism. Her life is just starting to take shape when the opportunity of a lifetime is presented to her. As a music journalist for a small magazine, the chance at interviewing the lead front man for the world renowned rock band The Mighty Storm is a no brainer. That is unless said front man is your former best childhood friend that you've lost contact with, the first boy you ever loved.



Jake Wethers is all rock n roll. He is everything you expect  from a true front man. Everything about him screams sex. Between his irratic black hair, piercing blue eyes and that freckle dusted nose that hints to a boyish charm, no woman can resist. The problem is, those women are all faceless, just something to do. He has yet to find in them, what he lost in her.

The Mighty Storm is about rock and roll, the brotherhood that forms between band members, past, present and future love. While this is definately a "romantic" read, it's also true to the "lifestyle". Jake isnt perfect. He is nowhere close and he has his demons, his struggles, and his insecurities that many, if not most,artists have. Their talent and creativity being their outlet, their lifeline.

This is usually where I start to break down the storyline. I dont think I can do that with this book without giving too much away. The Mighty Storm was such a rollercoaster ride for me and while some technical aspects need some fine tuning, it didnt keep me from sinking deep into this world Ms. Towle has created. Book two is slated for release in December. Merry Christmas.







2 comments:

  1. If it was beyond emotional for even you, I don't know how I'd make it out alive reading this one. *hides*

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont even think about it. ur reading it. -_-

    hahahaha

    ReplyDelete