Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 2, 2012

REVIEW-HER FALLEN ANGEL (HER ANGEL SERIES #3) BY FELICITY HEATON


My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
 
"I love the way you say my name. Say it again."
 
~Lukas
 
This book was exactly what I needed, when I needed it. Her Fallen Angel is sex, love, betrayal and paranorm all wrapped up in one fast paced novella.  While the first installment of this series, Her Dark Angel, was a nice read, I enjoyed this one more overall.
 
Annelie is a pub owner whose life changed three years ago when Lukas walked in and pulled up a stool at her bar. Standing well over 6 feet tall, his shaggy sandy hair, emerald eyes that cast flecks of pale gold, and lopsided smile, Lukas is alot to take in. He's not only beautiful but also charming, though lonely. Over the years, the two became good friends. It wasn't until Lukas disappeared for three weeks that either of them realized there was more between them than just friendship, or even lust. Giving into temptation is a risk for both of them. There is more to Lukas than Annelie knows, and for Lukas, her possible rejection would be more than he could bear. Lukas has already been rejected, cast aside, by all that he knows and loves. He can't take much more but is determined not only to win her heart forever but also clear his name.
 
This is the third book I've read from this author and I have to say, I'm quickly becoming a huge fan. I love how she writes her heros. They all, so far anyway, have a deep rooted sense of genuine loneliness that opens the heart of the reader, aching right along with them. You can't help but to pull for Lukas and feel his pain, his fear and his uncertain. He is also very sweet and romantic, with a light sense of boyish charm to him that makes him that much more endearing. I had giggle moments as well. Not sure of the intented reader reaction but these beautiful angels and their wings, making them almost clumsy, made me smile (and giggle) more than once.
 
Next up, Her Warrior Angel.



 
 




 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment