Total Pageviews

Friday, September 28, 2012

REVIEW-EXPIEZ-REDEEM YOUR BLOOD LUST (HUMAN VAMPIRE SERIES #4) BY C.D. HUSSEY


My rating:4 out of 5 stars

** Please note this book was gifted to me by the author for an honest review**

"Holy shit."

"Amen."

The above quote pretty much says it all. EXPIEZ is the 4th installment to C.D. Hussey's Human Vampire series, more specifically, this book belongs to Darus. We met Darus early on in the series as the shady, dreadlocked character who could not be trusted. Darus, to put it bluntly, is a dick. Does the outcast amongst outcasts want redemption? Maybe. Is he drawn to the Princess of his society's "Royal Family"? Indeed.

Darus may have lost his dreads but his tall, trim build and grey eyes peaking out from beneathe his top hat are hard to ignore. Darus made a mistake, a horrible mistake, and for the most part, everyone in his society sees him as tainted. Instead of  wallowing in self pity, Darus is doing what he can to to change his life, to be man other than what he sees in the mirror and what others see when they look at him. I love that he accepted others reactions to him. He didnt like it but knew they were within their right and justified in their views. He is a prick afterall.

Clare is Julia's little sister who has her own issues to deal with, not to mention an exboyfriend that she would gladly never see again. Clare has many things going on in her life, an odd attraction to Darus being one of them. Is he yet another bad decision, or her saving grace?

The banter between these two characters was really fun and playful. I also liked the subtle budding bro-mance between Darus and the other guys. He is so, totally and completely socially akward, he has no idea how to simply be, let alone be around people. People that he knows think very little of him. On a sidenote, I've learned two new things about Ms. Hussey since reading this book. The first being that she definately has a thing for barstools and the second... she's getting bolder in her sex scenes (O.O). I think I love her a little.

I do, however, feel the ending was a little rushed, or was it that I didnt want it to end? I almost felt the relationship was a bit lopsided. I could feel it from Darus. Literally felt the second he truly fell for her. As for Clare, there was something missing that I cant quite put my finger on. While there was no real set up for the next book in this series, still, I can't wait!









No comments:

Post a Comment