Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2012

REVIEW-HER DARK ANGEL (HER ANGEL #1) BY FELICITY E. HEATON

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
 
 "We are angels...not saints"
 ~Apollyon
 
Her Dark Angel is book 1 of the Her Angel series. This was a quick, short read. While I can enjoy a novella, I sometimes wish for more. This is no exception. I would have loved more backstory here, more development, more of a full story.
 
Apollyon is the raven haired, blue eyed, dark angel guarding the gates of Hell. He's grown restless and longs to feel the wind in wings once more. He's waited for what seems to be an eternity for his master to call upon him, needing him for a mission. When that call finally comes, Apollyon is shocked to find that the one who called to him, is the same fair haired beauty he has been watching from afar. Serentity has revenge on her mind.

I was pleasantly suprised by Apollyon's quirky charm. One of the things I love most about the paranormal romance genre is our "hero" is usually ancient and completely out of place in present day. Something as simple as a kitchen appliance is foreign and odd. A couple of my favorite scenes where when he tasted coffee for the first time, and everytime thereafter, and when he forgot the range of his wings while attempting to come in from the apartment balcony.

Being a novella, the romance aspect of the book was a bit rushed. That being said, it was still touching and eyebrow raising. I loved that Serenity wasn't the typical "lay and quiver beneath him" type of female lead, and lead she did...

While I can't say I loved this first installment, the series overall definately has potential so I will gladly move straight to book 2. This is the second book I've read this author and I like her style and that lonely place her heros come from.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment