Total Pageviews

Friday, July 20, 2012

REVIEW-MASTERS AT ARMS (RESCUE ME #1) BY KALLYPSO MASTERS

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars






"I'm Master Sergeant Adam Montague, U.S. Marine Corps. But you can call me Adam."


Honestly, I dont even know where to begin with this one, so much to say. For starts, from a technical standpoint, I love how this book is laid out. The reader is introducted to Adam, Damian and Marc seperately. We learn a bit about their background and what led them to the military. After you've met each of these men, it all comes together. How they met, how they bonded lays the foundation for the rest of the series.




When I read the blurb, I honestly expected full on smut. The cover, the BDSM element, the fact that they're Marines just added that extra spice. I'm a Marine baby, both parents served. Semper Fi. I wasnt expecting to be pulled into the lives of these men, to hang on every word, to pull for them, to care about their journey as deeply as I did. This book got to me, emotionally, in a way I never imagined it would. While I adore all three, I have to say, Adam, just...Adam.

Introducing...

Adam
My absolute favorite, Adam.
He's been a Marine for 20 + years and while his actual age has yet to be given, there was a reference that he may be around 43yrs old. I fell for him immediately. Adam is hardnosed, no nonsense, yet has a heart of absolute gold. He has suffered alot of loss in his lifetime, both personal and professional but it hasnt left him an empty shell. I have to say, his love interest, how that story develops, pulled me up short. On one hand, I feel like I should have been turned off, a bit revolted even, but on the other hand, Ms. Masters lays the foundation so delicately, it broke and warmed my heart all at the same time.   




Damian
Damian, the "baby" of the group is only about 19 years old. A bus boy, who's just looking to make rent and to keep his nose clean. Coming from a poor Hispanic family, his only real prize possession is his Harley. A Harley that he worked hard to restore, his baby. Damian had a rough childhood, hard working parents and time in "Juvie" for defending his sister. Some habits die hard and defending women is something Damian will do, regardless of what it may cost him. When a troubled blonde catches his eye, his world will never be the same.
                                                                                            


                                                                      
Marc
Marc runs the family business, a resort in Aspen. Though miserable in his role, leaving doesnt come easy. Coming from a strong Italian family, headed by an even stronger Italian mother, Marc or Marco,who is 27 or 28 years old, does the best that he can. Having suffered a family loss, he has his own demons, his own visual reminder and also has his own way of making certain guests feel even more "welcome" at the resort. While he may "dominate" in some areas, standing up to his mother doesnt come easy. Marc has to find his way, his worth and his own personal forgiveness.
The last few sections of the book really drew me in, how they met, what bonds them for life, the aftermath, I became so invested in so few pages, I cannot wait to continue this series.






No comments:

Post a Comment