Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2011

REVIEW-FOR LOVE OF AN ANGEL BY ROSALIE LARIO

My rating: 4.5 stars out of 5


"To see the passion on your face as you come apart beneath my hands...there's no comparison."


~Michael


First, let me just say...the only reason I didn't rate with 5 stars, is the length. A novella that could have, should have, been longer. The story was there, room for a bit more development without overkill. I hope the next installment is a bit longer. I'll be starting it the second I'm done with this review!

Eva is a barista at a local coffee shop. She has a nice apartment, with an eager ex just across the hall. Eva also lives in a world ruled by angels due to the collapse of the veil seperating heaven and earth. She's always been hesitant and somewhat sceptical about everything "angel". Imagine her suprise, fear and confusion, when one appears in the middle of her living room in the middle of the night. His "simple" explanation being that she, her essence, calls to him...

Michael may be an angel but he's built for sin. With his gorgeous dark hair and topaz eyes, it's easy to see why most humans have resorted to worshipping his kind. Only, Michael is different. His black wings with hints of midnight blue may be striking, however, they also label him as "FALLEN" (This is when I fell in love). He is to be feared by humans and hunted by the angels that reign.

As I stated earlier, I wish this book had been longer. I think there was room for more build up for Michael and Eva. At the same time, the instant attraction, the pull, simply made sense. It worked for me, not rushed or pushed at all. Michael is sinful, he's just smoldering. All the while, he's sweet, attentive and earned more than one fan girl "awww's" from me throughout. It was nice to take a break from the typical "strong alpha male" that usually prevails in this genre. Michael is vulnerable, emotional, but his manhood remains intact.

The chemistry between Eva and Michael is palpable. Ms. Lario is aces with me in smutsville. Hot, and I do mean HOT....there is also an intimacy that is also present that provides a balance that not many authors are capable of accomplishing. I simply fell in love with Michael.

We are briefly introduced to his bretheren. I hope this means each will get their own book. The "aww" factor aside, I love the idea of this story, this series. I can't wait to see what Ms. Lario produces next.








2 comments:

  1. Just want to pop by quickly to thank you for reading my novella. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for dropping by. I've just finished book 2 and I am totally and completely in love. :-)

    ReplyDelete