Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

REVIEW-ANGEL'S DESIRE (THE FALLEN WARRIORS SERIES #2) BY ROSALIE LARIO

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars


"Touch me and tell me you don't believe we're meant to be together. Tell me you aren't mine."

~Ethan


My poor, poor kindle. Not only am I suffering from a major case of "kindle thumb" from gripping it so tightly...click...click... it's now doubling as fan! Spring 2012 can't come soon enough. Book 3...I need you...asap.

Tayla is a human/angel half blood...or Nephilim. She has honey blonde curls, a cute small frame, and resides in New Orleans. We learn pretty quickly that Tayla is tough but vulnerable at the same time. She has abandonment issues with no family left alive.

We were briefly introduced to Ethan in book one of this series. He too has topaz eyes and dark hair. His wings however are a bit different. "Swirling ribbons of dark gray" paints a stunning picture. Ethan and Tayla have a complicated past. Tayla first laid eyes on Ethan when she was just 6 years old. Wide eyed and blushing for sure, she decided right then, he was the man she was going to marry. LIfe and circumstance often takes us down different roads and Tayla is no different. Ethan was best friends with her father, Caleb. The history between the three of them is long and complicated. Sometimes, even with the best of intentions, we hurt the ones we set out to protect the most.


I loved the dynamic between Tayla and Ethan. Their dance was a delicate one, a bit more complicated than the plot in book 1. Ms. Lario keeps it well balanced where I could see where both characters were coming from. Of course, my heart broke for Ethan, he's just...you can't help but pull for him.

Ethan shares the same "aww" factors as did Michael. He's strong and fierce, all male. At the same time, he's emotional and vulnerable. For me, that's the ultimate male. I love that Ms. Lario allows her strong male heros to cry, atleast tear up. It takes a real man to cry, or in this case...angel. "Damnation", each and everytime one of the fallen use this term, I get as giddy as a school girl. I can't even begin to give an explanation to that one. It's "yum", simple as that.

Again....Spring of 2012...est. release for book 3...it can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment