Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

REVIEW-THE ACCIDENTAL WEREWOLF BY DAKOTA CASSIDY

My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars



"I was caught off guard, but it doesn't change the fact that I want every last neurotic, impossible, stubborn, endless question-asking inch of you."


~Keegan


This book was gifted to me by a dear friends who enjoys this series very much. Thanks Becca! I am new to Ms. Cassidy's work but I knew it was supposed to be a fun read. I have to say, it was definately cute. Only after I got past the first chapter that is. I've never given up on a book based on the first chapter but this is the closest I've ever come. It was painful to read. Once I got past that, the read became more interesting and much more tolerable.

Marty is a sales rep for Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics who is well on her way to the top of the ladder. She has two new recruits, Wanda and Nina, who just aren't making the cut. During an evening walk with said recruits and her teacup poodle Muffin, Marty is bitten by a large dog. This dog later reappears at her door, only this time in the body of a man. A gorgeous man named Keegan. Keegan not only claims that he is a werewolf but now, due to the bite, Marty is too.

This is supposed to be a funny paranormal romance. While it has it's moments, I think the humor aspect was, at times, too much. I felt the author tried too hard in keeping Marty "quirky". The character, literally, never. shut. up. While I did enjoy a couple of laughs, overall it became exhausting. It simply became too much. I will say, the banter between Marty and Keegan was fresh and playful. I did enjoy it but mainly because he was a much needed balance in the relationship.

Keegan was a well written alpha lead. The name alone earns 3 of the 3.5 stars. I fell in love with him immediately. I would loved to have gotten to know more about his brother Sloan and his sister Mara as well. Unfortunately, the female lead was my least favorite of all the characters making it hard to really get invested in the book.

Now...lets talk about sex. WOW. The sex scenes in the book are smoking hot! I just wish I could have related to Marty a bit more and found her to be a more believable love interest for oh so yummy Keegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment