Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

REVIEW-SERPENT'S KISS (ELDER RACES #3) BY THEA HARRISON

My rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars 

"Maybe I'll find someone who bites."

~Rune


The first word that comes to mind is disappointing. This book had so much potential. The set up, at the end of book 2, had me on pins and needles waiting for this release. I love Thea Harrison's writing style and the world she has created for the Elder Races. That being said, this third installment doesn't even begin to hold a candle to the previous two. A Goodreads friend noted it was "wordy". She was dead on. At times, I found myself skimming over the never ending yammering on about either the surroundings or the inner monologue that was often exhausting at best. Because so much just had to be said, I often got lost in the plot, past? Present? In between? What? The supporting cast was nonexistent which really caused the book to suffer. Ms. Harrison has created such a great group of characters, they had practically no role at all.
The sex scenes saved this book. Even that was very slow to come about. No pun intended. :) They were scortching hot, true to Ms. Harrison's talent. I wasn't so turned off that I refuse to continue the series. I will say though, with book 4, I will wait to read more reviews before starting it myself.






No comments:

Post a Comment