Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

REVIEW-DE SANG (EMBRACE YOUR BLOOD LUST) BY C.D. HUSSEY

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

"I can't wait to taste you."

~Slade

**Please note, this book was gifted to me by the author**

The only thing better than getting a book gifted to you is getting an AMAZING book gifted to you. When Ms. Hussey asked if I would like a copy to read and review, I thought, surely this is a trick question. I absolutely loved book 1, you can read my review here.

 This is the second installment of the Human Vampire series. We met Slade (AKA- Scott Corelli) in book 1. He's Armand's friend, number 2 guy and bartender at La Luxure. He's also a tall, gorgeous Italian, the size of two average men.  With Armand away on his honeymoon, Slade is in charge. Aside from that responsibility, Slade is having to deal with his Cravings. His need to "feed" is increasing, the symptoms stronger. He's growing increasingly less comfortable having to call on his "donor" Nikki. Within that warrior physique, lies a huge heart. A heart that longs for what Armand and Julia have found in one another.

Meet Kate Miller. A Texas girl now living in New Orleans in hopes of furthering her career, works at a prestigious art gallery. Intriguing artist and self proclaimed "Vampire King", Lohr Varius, is just her type....right? Moreso than some bartending, steroid meathead...even if he does claim to be the "real deal". As the reader learned in book 1, in the world Ms. Hussey has created, things just aren't always exactly as they seem. Book 2 is no exception.

This book takes on a different twist than the previous, which in my opinion, just added to the series as a whole. One can't help but to fall in love with Slade almost immediately. Such an intimidating site but with his slick, cocky charm and crimson eyes, I was ready to head to New Orleans to track him down myself! He just oozes confidence but is so vulnerable all at the same time. Makes for a fascinating leading man.

I especially loved the banter between Slade and Kate. Both are a little rough around the edges but they both own it. She's no damsel and not exactly impressed with his tough guy attitude. This of course only draws him to her that much more. They both have a past, family issues, acceptance issues, making them a great fit. If they can only see that for themselves. What is also a great fit is the sexual chemistry. The sex scenes in this book are off the charts hot. Ms. Hussey really outdid herself. I will never look at a barstool or a motorcycle the same way again. Not the mention, the term "little spoon" simply makes me smile.

While I would label this book "romance", it's not just about the dance between Slade and Kate. There is mystery, danger and intrigue that I wasn't expecting but couldn't get enough of. Violent twists and turns making for fascinating read. Detective McCoy...while only introduced briefly...I want to know more.

My poor kindle, when I wasn't gripping it for dear life, reading as fast as I could to see what was behind door number 1...I was fanning myself with it after getting through a sizzling sex scene.

Great, fantastic read. Is it Summer 2012 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment