Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11




10 years ago today, I was holding my then 5 month old baby girl. My husband called from work, telling me to turn the tv on, that a plane had hit the world one of the Twin Towers in NYC.

My heart broke immediately for all those involved. I thought, "What a tragic accident." Thankfully, my little one had fallen asleep so I laid her down for a nap. It was then, just a few minutes later, that I saw the second plane hit. The horror continued after learning the Pentagon had been attacked as well.

The days, months and even years that followed changed me, changed you, and changed our country. I can't believe 10 years has past. Today is also the beginning of the 2011-2012 NFL season. I, along with many American's, will spend the day with family and friends, grilling burgers and hot dogs, rooting for the home team. While we enjoy our day, let us take time to remember the lives lost on that tragic day. Remember the heros of then and even now who continue to keep our borders protected and our cities safe... ten years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment