Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

REVIEW-BLOOD LIKE POISON SERIES #1 & #2 BY M. LEIGHTON

For the Love of a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #1)For the Love of a Vampire by M. Leighton


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is going to be a very difficult review to write. First, the cover. It's perfectly fine except the characters are highschool kids. The people chosen for the cover look too mature. This is a YA read.
There were aspsects of this book that I really, really loved. Thing is, what I loved most was what reminded me of Twilight. Not that Ms. Leighton did'nt take the story in a new direction and make it more her own. I just struggled to connect after the Twilight feel faded. I think the underlining idea of the story has alot of potential. I do plan on reading book 2. I liked the cliffhanger, a nice set up for book 2. I hope the characters manage to grab me a bit more, this time around.

Destined for a Vampire (Blood Like Poison, #2)Destined for a Vampire by M. Leighton


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I'm giving this read 3 starts instead of 2 because I really enjoyed the last 10%. It moved quickly, drama, reveal, well done actually. Unfortunately, the previous 90% was extremely hard for me to get through, hard to finish. The heat was kicked up a notch in the installment. There is a scene at a school dance that is especially steamy. Added some much needed sex appeal to the male lead. I also love the cover, unlike book 1 in which I felt the models on the cover look too mature to pass as highschoolers. While I know, without a doubt, this series has it's audience, I don't quite believe that includes me.








No comments:

Post a Comment