Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

REVIEW-ETERNAL HEARTS BY JENNIFER TURNER

Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


"Fifteen it is."~Drake



Yum. That's the first word that comes to mind in regards to Drake Black. Drake is the hottie hybrid indroduced briefly in book 1, Eternal Seduction. Drake is a notorious assassin who is now contracted to protect a spit fire Latina named Toni. Toni has been banned from her home city (Chicago)for the past three years due to a violent rampage that threatened the Veil in her hometown.

What I loved most about this book was getting to know Drake's personality a bit more. He made me laugh throughout this entire book. While I love his backstory, I wish there had been a bit more of it. Due to his background, his origins, I would like to have had more on that. While the ultimate self loather, his personality is addicting. With each page, I found myself grinning, wondering, what was going to come out of his mouth next.

I liked Toni for the most part. I loved how she, unknowingly drove Drake to look at himself a little closer. While a very emotional character, she also stood toe to toe with the various male characters throughout. I think my only downside is there was an opportunity to for her to be the indedpendent kick ass heroine. The reader knows she's been on her own for three years but the second she returns to Chicago, she, in a way is catered to and I would have more preferred her runnign solo on her mission to investige as the Lord of Chicago had instructed.

Oktober is also a character we learn a bit more about and I must say, I'm fascinated. I believe his book is next. I hope there's more build up for him than there was for Drake in this installment. I love the world that Ms. Turner has created.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Jennifer Turner!! I can't wait for Oktober's book.

    ReplyDelete