Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

REVIEW-HOWLING FOR MY BABY by Beverly Rae

Howling for My Baby (Cannon Pack, #1)

My rating: 2 of 5 stars




This book started off really slow for me. Even once I was able to start getting into it, I immediately developed a love/hate relationship with the book. I think the initial idea had enormous possibility but the author never really pulled it all together. She forced too much humor, alot of which was'nt even funny.

One would expect their favorite character(s) to be the female or male lead, if not both. In this case, I did'nt care for either. Granted, Jason had his moments but Syd was exhausting and annoying. I found Syd's parents to be the most interesting of all the characters, and the most tolerable. I still don't know if I like Benji (Jason's gay sidekick). He too had his moments but the author literally dug up each and every gay stereotype and had him smothering in it. She just laid it on too thick, making him more of a cartoon. He had so much promise.

The sex scenes were ok. Though, the whole, taking on a Nazi accent....I just found that revolting. I'm no prude but that's not hot.

I do not expect to continue on with this series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment