Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Review-Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole

Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga)Every Last Kiss by Courtney Cole

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If you can make me cry, it's an automatic 4 stars right out the gate. :) I enjoyed the book as kind of a light read. That was until I hit about 80%. At that point, Ms. Cole broke my heart, had me grabbing for kleenex so as not to cry on my kindle. lol



I was thrown at first. The book starts out in present day with 17 year old Macy discovers that Derek, boyfriend of two years, was'nt worth the time. She has a best friend who is determined to see Macy through this tough time and to make sure she continues to see through the no good ex as well. Just as I started to get into that storyline, I was whisped to ancient Egypt amongst Cleopatra and company.



Such time in history is'nt usually my bag but Ms. Cole sold me with her rich detail and softening of the historic icons Cleopatra and Marc Antony. They became real to me, their love story as well. Of course the lovestory that carried the book is that between Charmian (Macy) and Hasani. While Macy is but 17 at this point in her current life cycle, Charmian was an adult and I appreciate Ms. Cole making the adjustment. Charmian's relationship with Hasani was mature and that helped sell it to me, the reader.



Charmian is a great lead with the weight of the world literally on her shoulders. She knows the fate that lies ahead for she and all she loves. How can anyone watch the love of their life die even once, let alone twice? The ending of this book and how it set up for book 2 was flawless. I think there is a good chance that I may like book 2 even more than this one. The potential is endless. Well done.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment